If you’re looking for a way to expand your gaming horizons, or you simply want to add a bit of fun to your workout routine, the guys at LyteShot are mixing modern gaming, advanced technology and your mobile devices to bring true and physical role-play gaming to the masses – with your help.
Launched just recently as a Kickstarter campaign, the LyteShot Sensor-Based gaming system is designed to work in cooperation with your mobile device to bring the imagination back to anyone who is still lying around on the couch playing games. On display at the Consumer Electronics Show starting today, the LyteShot syncs up with both your mobile device and a pair of Epson Moverio’s next-generation smart glasses to give your gaming experience a true heads-up display effect for those interested. Enabling combat with both players and environment, this heads-up display can help players to see “a 60-foot dragon coming down the street that you all have to take down,” adding complexity to the mobile platform that has yet been unprecedented, and is perfect for both the young and the young at heart.
Having a funding goal of just $168,534 on the project, those who contribute to the Kickstarter campaign can enjoy the following benefits for each tier:
- LYTESHOT FAN CLUB – Pledge $50 or more – Receive a hard copy of our limited edition LyteShot Poster, a limited edition Lyte ‘Em Up! T-shirt, and LyteShot Slap Band as your fashionable LytePuck holder. Also receive exclusive updates, recognition as a backer on our website, and an exclusive Founder Badge on the LyteShot platform.
- PLAYER 1 READY – Pledge $150 or more – Receive the Lyter & LytePuck set. Be the first to play Assassin on the LyteShot platform and get your friends to do the same! You will also receive an .STL file of 3 LyteShot peripherals for your 3D printer, your name will appear as a backer on our website, and you’ll receive an exclusive Founder Badge on the LyteShot platform.
- PLAYER 2 READY – Pledge $270 or more – Receive 2 sets of the LyteShot system – that’s 2 Lyters and 2 LytePucks to play Assassin as soon as it arrives at your door! You will also receive an .STL file of 3 LyteShot peripherals for your 3D printer, your name will appear as a backer on our website, and you’ll receive an exclusive Founder Badge on the LyteShot platform.
- LYTESHOT VISIONARY – Pledge $700 or more – Receive the Lyter & LytePuck set, and 1 set of Epson’s Moverio BT-200 Glasses! Play Assassin with your new Heads Up Display (HUD) glasses as soon as it arrives at your door. You will also receive an .STL file of 3 LyteShot peripherals for your 3D printer, your name will appear as a Visionary Backer on our website, and you’ll receive an exclusive Visionary Founder Badge on the LyteShot platform.
- LYTESHOT HELIPORTATION – Pledge $5,000 or more (Limited to 1) – Receive everything in the LyteShot Double Visionary package (see Kickstarter for details) plus an exclusive LyteShot Heliplay session with our Founders and one of your friends. You’ll board a private helicopter with your new LyteShot gear at the south Chicago area Municipal Airport and get dropped at a strategic landing point at the Joliet Army Ammunitions Plant to challenge the creators of Assassin at their own game! Package includes 1 overnight hotel stay (dbl occupancy) and lunch with the founders. (Travel to Chicago or heliport not included.)
Having three game modes available and in development for the platform, with surely more to come upon the Kickstarter’s success, we can enjoy playing with the multiple add-on options available at launch. These add-ons include a sword, gun and wand addition to play in cooperation with the LyteShot’s “Assassin”, “Besieged” and “Invasion” game modes set for launch at this time. For more details, have a look at the official Kickstarter video, as well as our media assets on the game below, and head over to the Kickstarter campaign if you’d like to contribute today.