In development with Ghost Games, Electronic Arts is making it’s way back to the Need for Speed franchise with a fully revamped title focused around five ways to play, attuned to the “tuner” culture.
Bringing together 20 years of inspiration and history from the Need for Speed franchise, Electronic Arts is blowing the top off of the franchise with a fully rebuilt title. Renovating the franchise entirely, the next Need for Speed title will innovate with the all-new “Five Ways to Play” system, featuring Speed, Style, Build, Crew, and Outlaw methods for your own personalized culture. Each of these five methods to your ideal tuner personality will drive you through an interconnected narrative which all Need for Speed titles have become well known for. These styles are built around five real world automotive icons, each of whom is a hero of today’s car culture and will inspire the player to experience all Five Ways to Play.
Featuring action-packed overlapping stories, Need for Speed is filled with rich, distraction based game play and will ensure variety to suit your personal preference. Players can “carve your own path” through the new Ventura Bay scene by playing through a variety of event types and ultimately winning your way to the top. Here’s a run-down of the five styles of the culture you’ll need to make your way through the next Need for Speed.
- Speed – Pedal to the metal, high speeds, maximum adrenaline rush. Keep your nerve and never lift off the gas, the fearless always push the limits.
- Style – Expression through driving, sliding the car into a corner sideways with ultimate precision. For some, style is all that matters.
- Build – Take your car to the extreme through visual and performance modification. The constant need to improve and personalize. Craftsmen build, searching for perfection.
- Crew – Ride together with your Crew and never hit the streets alone. Put your faith in others and the skill of close proximity chaos.
- Outlaw – Messing with and escaping from the cops. Push the limits and live life on the edge as you crave the thrill of the chase.
Marcus Nilsson, Executive Producer at Ghost Games came out with this to speak for the next Need for Speed title.
“We’re bringing in Five Ways to Play to ensure that your gameplay experience is all your own and helps propel your progression every second, every minute. We want everyone to experience that perfect Need for Speed moment – driving insanely fast, sliding through a corner in your customized ride alongside your friends, whilst being chased by the cops.”
Launching this November, get ready to hit the black top this year with a refined Need for Speed rebuilt in partnership with Speedhunters and rebuilt with the players in mind.