The Total War series is making its triumphant return this fall with Total War: Rome II. Published and announced by Sega, developed by Creative Assembly, the Total War series will continue on September 3rd, 2013 and is available for pre-order today.
Known for their compelling mix of real-time strategy and turn-based game play, the next iteration of the Total War series delves deeper in this system with an unprecedented scale of campaign strategy. Fend off the might of Carthage this fall as the might of Roman forces strike down in any way you choose. Through the use of turn-based strategy, moving campaign forces to new regions, battle your forces fiercely in real-time to reinforce or recover your turn-based strength and weakness.
Hosting an all-new graphics engine and never before seen scale, Rome II is designed to operate on nearly any PC spec. Whether catering to the hardcore or basic spec, your ultra-high power PC will be pushed to the edge as tens of thousands of militants are at your command, colliding in bone breaking combat as you command – or scaled appropriately for the lesser PC spec. Total War veterans will take note of new unit cameras which allow you to see the battle from every perspective. Creative Assembly shows a great strength in consumer direction here, as with any PC rig, epic combat is to follow in exotic ancient cities and with colossal armies rendered in incredible detail.
Available on September 3rd, 2013, if you’re looking to buy Rome II, $59.95 pre-order purchases will net you a “Greek States Culture Pack”, allowing you access to the following:
• The Greek States Culture Pack adds a new playable Culture including three new playable Factions to Total War: ROME II; for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles.
• The Greek States Culture Pack adds diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
• The Greek States share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
If everything that Sega and Creative Assembly has to offer just doesn’t cut it, you can also pick up the physical Collector’s Edition and bring your Total War to a whole new level for a $95 price bump, at $154.99 (Plus $25 Shipping and Handling.)
The Total War™: ROME II Collector’s Edition will be produced in a single, extremely limited run; only 22,000 individually numbered copies will be manufactured.
The CE contains a wealth of custom, Roman-themed games and items, bound in a leather-effect presentation box, complete with gold logo and magnetic closure; including:
- NUMBERED COPY OF TOTAL WAR™: ROME II
- The most ambitious and expansive game in the Total War™ series to date, ROME II brings the statecraft, politics, intrigue, diplomacy and epic battles of the ancient world to life in thrilling detail. This version comes in a debossed Steelbook™ case, laser-etched with your unique collector’s number in Roman numerals.
- TABULA SET
- The Roman forerunner to Backgammon, this Tabula set comprises 30 bone-effect game pieces supplied in their own burlap drawstring bag; the board itself is built into the base of the Collector’s Edition box.
- TESSERAE DICE
- Three replica bone-effect dice for use in a variety of games. The design is based on original Roman Tesserae, found at the archaeological site of Herculaneum.
- TOTAL WAR CARDS™: PUNIC WARS
- Designed from the ground up to echo elements from ROME II, Total War Cards is a game of skill and luck for two players. Involving combat, territorial control, resource management and technological development, PUNIC WARS consists of 58 high-quality playing cards and a game-board printed with the PUNIC WARS tech-tree.
- CANVAS CAMPAIGN MAP
- A reminder of the world you must conquer, this ribbon-tied canvas map depicts each of the 57 provinces of the ROME II campaign.
- ROMAN ONAGER
- A complete, fully-functional Onager, or Roman siege catapult. This easy-to-assemble kit is constructed from weathered wood and steel, measures 26cm x 12cm x 12cm, and is capable of unleashing small projectiles at a variety of inanimate objects which may have affronted the glory of your empire.
Will you suffer betrayal or will you be the first to turn on old friends? Will you fight to save the Republic, or plot to rule alone as Emperor? The choice is yours, as you watch the official “First Gameplay Footage” trailer below.