Rockstar Games revealed Red Dead Redemption 2 pre-order bonuses and what comes with your Special and Ultimate Edition copies today along side a Collector’s Edition.
If you’re the kind of gamer who’s interested in pre-order content, or you’re just obsessed with Red Dead Redemption, you’ll live for today’s announcement from Rockstar Games. Offering up bonuses for every pre-order, and detailing what each edition of the game will release with, Rockstar revealed three versions of Red Dead Redeption 2 today aside from the standard edition.
For those pre-ordering any version of the game, you’ll get to enjoy a War Horse and the “Outlaw Survival Kit”, which is said to include “key supplies for enduring the rigors of life on the frontier”. Sounds like some basic gears to get you through the early goings. All digital pre-orders can take advantage of cross-play goodies, as Xbox or PlayStation platforms will receive a story mode cash bonus for Red Dead 2, a treasure map for the game, and bonus cash in Grand Theft Auto 5. More GTA cash will be given depending on which digital version of the game you pick up – between $500,000 and $2,000,000 in-game cash.
Special Edition versions of the game, as well as every version upward pack in a load of content not available in the standard version. Starting with the Special Edition, you’ll get the game, with loads of story mode exclusives. A dappled black thoroughbred horse with Nuevo Paraiso saddle, the Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit, and a free Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun, and Lancaster Varmint Rifle from the in-game Smithy. Special Edition players also get an Eagle Talon Talisman, making Arthur’s environmental awareness skill last longer, and the Iguana Scale, which has Arthur taking less damage while on horseback.
The Special Edition also grants exclusive access to the Bank Robbery Mission “In which Arthur and a couple of his fellow gang members come up with a daring plan to break in and rob the bank in the southern town of Rhodes”, and Gang Hideout Mission. It appears that with all this, Special Edition players will also get a “Core Stat” boost, pumping up Stamina, Health and Dead Eye stats. You’ll also have a cash boost, and you’ll have discounts on all upgrades at the Van der Linde gang’s camp. Now that’s all just for the Special Edition.
In the Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition, players will have access to all the Special Edition Story content, as well as exclusives for online play. Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit and the Copperhead Enforcer Outfit will be available for you to show off with your friends, adding the black chestnut thoroughbred horse and High Plains Cutting saddle on top for your style showcase. The Ultimate Edition will allow players to take the Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun, and Lancaster Varmint Rifle online, and also a Survivor theme to customize your personal camp, and online rank bonuses enabling you to level faster, up to rank 25.
If you’re interested in the physical loot, the Red Dead Redemption 2 Collector’s Box will get you a TON of great things from the game, but importantly not the game itself for $99.99 USD. The Collector’s Box includes the following:
- Metal Tithing Box with Lock & Key: Inspired by the lockbox used by the Van der Linde gang to stash contributions to the camp’s upkeep, this thick gauged metal box includes a lock & key, and features black metal band detailing and an engraved Cornwall Freight & Commodities plaque.
- Collectable Challenge Coin: Featuring the majestic American Buffalo on one side and a scenic landscape on the other side, this engraved, gold-colored collectable coin comes in a magnetic presentation holder with a black, engraved plaque describing the history of this endangered species.
- Double Sided Puzzle: This double-sided, 100-piece wooden jigsaw puzzle features an illustrated view of the bustling port of Saint Denis on one side, and a classically inspired Rockstar Games logo on the reverse.
- Six Shooter Bandana: A staple for any frontier outlaw, this bandana features a traditional paisley-inspired pattern with hidden weapon iconography throughout.
- Treasure Map: Printed on durable, unrippable paper, this exclusive treasure map reveals the location of some buried treasure that may start Arthur on a search for more riches hidden throughout the world of Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Pin Set: This set of six individual pins includes representations of key weapons from Red Dead Redemption 2 including a shotgun, revolver and Dead Eye “X” marker. The set comes in a canvas carrying bag.
- Playing Cards: Commemorate the outlaws of the Van der Linde gang with this fully illustrated deck of playing cards featuring key members of the gang including Arthur Morgan, John Marston, Javier Escuella, Bill Williamson and Dutch van der Linde.
- Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue: The one-stop shop for everything from weapons to clothing, the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue is an essential shopping tool for turn of the century life. This complete 150-page book is a replica of the edition found in stores throughout Red Dead Redemption 2.
- 12 Cigarette Cards: These beautifully-illustrated collectable cards can be found throughout the world of Red Dead Redemption 2. This physical collection includes one select card from each set like Famous Gunslingers and Outlaws, Stars of the Stage and Marvels of Travel and Locomotion.
With plenty of content both physical and digital available, it’s easy to see why fans might want to pre-order or buy a special version of Red Dead Redemption 2. Those interested in picking up the title can do so today over on the Rockstar Warehouse.